Peer Support and Family Assistance Fund
To provide funding to those individuals who cannot afford access to the services of a professional mental health professional.
Mental Health Professional Defined
- Psychotherapist with a Masters or PhD in either Psychology or Social Work
Individuals currently serving in any one of the following occupations may be eligible for funding:
- 911, EMS, or Fire Communications Officer (Call Taker/Dispatcher)
- Correctional Officer (to inlude Parole and Probation Officers)
- Military (Air Force, Army, Navy)
- Police Officer
- A Peace Officer as defined by the Criminal Code of Canada
To Access Funding
Funding requests must be submitted by a mental health professional. Requests must be submitted in writing.
The letter must include the following:
Name of Mental Health professional
Contact information of the Mental Health Professional
Name of Patient
Occupation of Patient
Patients contact information (for audit purposes)
Number of sessions required
Amount of funding requested
All cheques will be made payable to the Mental Health professional who has requested the funding.
Funding will be capped at $1,000.00 per person and/or per family.
For complete application information visit: www.tema.ca